TRIPLE CHOCOLATE ESPRESSO BEAN COOKIES
Triple Chocolate Espresso Bean Cookies
- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Servings: 36
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour (whole wheat pastry?)
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground espresso powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder, not dutched
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar (1-1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp. stevia powder)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces chocolate-covered coffee beans
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Assemble dry ingredients: In a medium bowl whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cacao powder. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until it is fluffy and lightens a bit in color. Beat in the sugar – it should have a thick frosting-like consistency. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.You will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice as well. Add the vanilla; mix well.
Gradually beat in the flour mixture, beating until thoroughly mixed.
At this point you should have a moist, brown dough that is uniform in color.
Fold in the espresso beans and chocolate chips by hand.
Drop the by scant tablespoonfuls onto greased or parchment lined baking sheets, about 1-1/2" apart.
Bake at 375ºF. for 8-10 min. Do not overbake. Cool several minutes on baking sheet before removing to racks.
Makes 2-3 dozen.