- Cooking Time: 8 to 10
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour (whole wheat pastry?)
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground espresso powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa powder, not dutched
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar (1-1/2 cups sugar, 1/2 tsp. stevia powder)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Assemble dry ingredients: In a medium bowl whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cacao powder. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until it is fluffy and lightens a bit in color. Beat in the sugar – it should have a thick frosting-like consistency. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.You will need to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice as well. Add the vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture, beating until thoroughly mixed.
- At this point you should have a moist, brown dough that is uniform in color.
- Fold in the espresso beans and chocolate chips by hand.
- Drop the by scant tablespoonfuls onto greased or parchment lined baking sheets, about 1-1/2" apart.
- Bake at 375ºF. for 8-10 min. Do not overbake. Cool several minutes on baking sheet before removing to racks.
- Makes 2-3 dozen.
NotesA delicious cookie recipe for coffee lovers. A dark chocolate cookie. A dark chocolate cookie pumped full of lots of freshly ground espresso powder...Yum! These are actually on the healthier side because of the whole-wheat flour! Dough can be frozen for making later, as well. If you prefer, you can use 1.5 cups sugar and .5 cup dark brown sugar instead of all white sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More