- Cooking Time: 9 to 11
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 oz bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries without stems, coarsely chopped, well-drained
- 1 tsp oil
- 24 maraschino cherries, drained, each cut in half.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, 1-2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Beat in melted chocolate, vanilla and eggs.
- On low speed, beat in flour, cocoa and baking soda until mixed.
- Fold in 1 cup of the white chocolate chips and the cherries.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfulls 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until set.
- Do NOT over bake!
- Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets then remove and transfer to cooling racks to cool completely (about 15 min).
- Meanwhile, in a small microwavable bowl, place remaining white chocolate chips and oil.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessary, microwave in 10 second increments, stirring after each time, until melted and smooth. Spoon drop of mixture in center of each cookie; top each with cherry half.
- Drizzle remaining mixture over cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Delightful DessertsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More