Triple Layer Cookies and Cream Crunch Bars
Why I Love This Recipe
I absolutely love reading baking blogs. I found this recipe at www.howsweeteats.com. I get tons of recipes from this site......she is amazing.
These brownie bars are to die for.
Ingredients You'll Need
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1-1/4 cups AP flour
1/4 tsp salt
3 Tbs cocoa powder
2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
1/2 cup peanut butter
20 Oreo Cookies, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Butter and flour a 8x8 cake pan.
3. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
4. Add cocoa powder and mix until combined. Add flour and salt, mixing well until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Spread batter into prepared pan.
6. Sink 9 Oreos into batter and press gently.
7. Bake 25-30 min.
8. While baking, crush the remaining Oreos in a ziploc bag.
9. When brownies are done baking sprinkle with 1/2 c chocolate chips and crushed Oreos.
10. Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
11. During this time, melt the remaining cup of chocolate chips with the peanut butter.
12. Remove brownies from oven and pour melted mixture over the top, spreading with a spatula.
13. Make sure chocolate mixture gets into all the crevices because it holds it all together.
14. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
15. Let brownies sit out for about 15 min before serving.