- Cooking Time: about 40 min total
- Servings: about 12
- Preparation Time: a while
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups AP flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbs cocoa powder
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semi sweet)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 20 Oreo Cookies, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2. Butter and flour a 8x8 cake pan.
- 3. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla.
- 4. Add cocoa powder and mix until combined. Add flour and salt, mixing well until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 5. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- 6. Sink 9 Oreos into batter and press gently.
- 7. Bake 25-30 min.
- 8. While baking, crush the remaining Oreos in a ziploc bag.
- 9. When brownies are done baking sprinkle with 1/2 c chocolate chips and crushed Oreos.
- 10. Place back in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- 11. During this time, melt the remaining cup of chocolate chips with the peanut butter.
- 12. Remove brownies from oven and pour melted mixture over the top, spreading with a spatula.
- 13. Make sure chocolate mixture gets into all the crevices because it holds it all together.
- 14. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- 15. Let brownies sit out for about 15 min before serving.
NotesI absolutely love reading baking blogs. I found this recipe at www.howsweeteats.com. I get tons of recipes from this site......she is amazing.
These brownie bars are to die for.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More