- Cooking Time: 23
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Garnish: whole strawberries
- Beat the cake mix and next 7 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Scrape down the sides, and beat at medium speed 2 more minutes, stopping to scrape down sides, if needed. (Strawberries should be well blended into batter.)
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9-inch cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 23 minutes or until cakes spring back when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Strawberry Buttercream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately, or chill up to 1 week.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Classic White Cake Mix without pudding.
- To make ahead: Place finished cake in the refrigerator, uncovered, and chill for 20 minutes or until the frosting sets. Cover well with wax paper, and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To freeze, wrap chilled cake with aluminum foil, and freeze up to 6 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
NotesWe doubled the frosting called for in Anne's original recipe to add extra richness to this cake. It keeps best in the refrigerator.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More