- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- And now to get your lemon addiction fulfilled just follow these steps...
- You will need:
- 1 package lemon cake mix or make your own with this recipe.
- Fresh lemon to produce 2 tsp. zest and 1 Tsp. Juice.
- 1 Tbls. Limoncello
- 2 small Pkgs. Lemon Jello
- 1 small pkg. lemon Pudding mix.
- 1 container of extra creamy dessert topping.
- 1 cup of milk as needed.
- 1 tsp. vanilla.
- Prepare the cakes according to the directions but add 1 Tbls. Limoncello and 1 tsp. lemon zest. When the cup cakes are done, allow them to cool on a rack and with a wooden skewer make holes over the tops of each one, trying not to put holes in the paper liners. When partially cooled, pour the following mixture over each little cake very slowly to be sure that it is saturated.
- Filling: Combine 1 small lemon Jello with 1/2 cup of very hot water, stir to dissolve and then add 1 cup of cold water plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice.
- Once the little cakes are filled put them into the fridge to firm up. (need several hours) . Finally to frost them take the second lemon Jello, the lemon pudding mix, milk, vanilla and 1 tsp. zest and mix very well. Now gently blend in the extra creamy topping and place in the fridge.
- Presentation: Simply pile on the luxurious frosting like great big goopy pillows...serve this huge lemon experience and see the gleeful satisfaction on every face.
NotesCome on Foodies...Get your Lemon on! On to the X3 Lemon CCs. All the great chefs de cuisine need to cover their eyes right now and forgive our mundane but oh so spectacular recipe for these mellow yellow, rich, ultra creamy treasures that explode in the mouth with the consummate lemon experience. The directions here were born in some, now unknown, issue of Good Housekeeping, probably around 1952?? Now a version of this sits in everyone’s Mother’s recipe box? It could be considered “trashy Lingerie” for any true gourmet cook, but, hey, get over it...these little jewels rock! They are surprisingly opulent and almost gooshie inside with the airy frosting that creates a stunning super lemon top note.
For the complete story visit: http://jeffersonstable.typepad.com/jeffersonstable/2009/08/triple-lemon-cup-cakes.html
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More