- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is another of the million banana bread recipes to be found on the net or cookbooks. I made it tropical by adding pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts. The glaze (not shown) is optional.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 2 large)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- For Glaze:
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons of key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9 5 inch metal loaf pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, using high speed of an electric mixer; add eggs, one by one, beating 30 seconds after each egg. Beat in vanilla and bananas. Stir in pineapple.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture in three parts mixing (not beating) with a spoon. Stir in nuts. Transfer to loaf pan.
- Bake until top of loaf is golden brown and a tester comes out clean, about 55 - 65 minutes. Remove from oven, cool in pan for 10 minutes and turn out onto rack. Spoon glaze over the top of warm loaf and sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut.
- For Glaze: Mix 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar with 5 teaspoons of key lime juice until it is smooth.
- Makes 1 loaf.
- This is another of the million banana bread recipes to be found on the net or cookbooks. I made it tropical by adding pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts. The glaze (not shown) is optional.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Fueling a Firehouse
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More