- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 1 loaf
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup ripe banana, mashed (about 2 large)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, very well drained
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- For Glaze:
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons of key lime juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9 5 inch metal loaf pan with flour-added cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, using high speed of an electric mixer; add eggs, one by one, beating 30 seconds after each egg. Beat in vanilla and bananas. Stir in pineapple.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture in three parts mixing (not beating) with a spoon. Stir in nuts. Transfer to loaf pan.
- Bake until top of loaf is golden brown and a tester comes out clean, about 55 - 65 minutes. Remove from oven, cool in pan for 10 minutes and turn out onto rack. Spoon glaze over the top of warm loaf and sprinkle with 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut.
- For Glaze: Mix 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar with 5 teaspoons of key lime juice until it is smooth.
- Makes 1 loaf.
- This is another of the million banana bread recipes to be found on the net or cookbooks. I made it tropical by adding pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts. The glaze (not shown) is optional.
NotesThis is another of the million banana bread recipes to be found on the net or cookbooks. I made it tropical by adding pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts. The glaze (not shown) is optional.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More