- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 mango, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Combine the tomato juice, pineapple juice, mango and pineapple in a blender and pulse 5 to 8 times, or until just combined; the mixture should be slightly chunky. Transfer pineapple mixture to a large non-metallic bowl. Stir in cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, cilantro, lime juice, zest, salt and hot sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight. Ladle gazpacho into bowls and serve.
NotesThis tropical riff adds freshly chopped pineapple and mango along with pineapple juice to the tomatoes, cucumber, red and green bell peppers, red onion, cilantro and lime of the classic chilled soup. Gazpacho is a perfect way to beat the heat on the islands or anywhere.
Per serving (about 9oz/278g-wt.): 100 calories (5 from fat), 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 25g total carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 19g sugar), 2g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Aunt Kiki’s Enchilada Casserole
Chicken Cauliflower Power Soup
Coconut MacaroonsSee More