- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryIf you've never made your own granola before, this is the place to start. You'll never go back!
- 1 1/4 c. tropical fruit sauce (such as Santa Cruz Organics brand)
- 1/4 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 c. rolled oats
- 2 1/2 c. puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 c. unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 c. macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2 c. dried tropical fruit, chopped (I used banana chips, mango, papaya, and pineapple)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together fruit sauce, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Fold in oats and rice cereal. Spread on the prepared baking sheet in an even layer. Bake on the middle rack for 30 minutes.
- 3. Using a large, wide spatula, turn sections of the granola over on the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, until nearly dried. Sprinkle coconut and macadamia nuts over the top and return to the oven for five minutes more. If your granola layer is thick, you may need to bake it a bit longer, removing the edges that have cooked completely but making sure the center is done.
- 4. Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then crumble into a large airtight storage container. Add dried fruit, then seal and shake well until evenly combined.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More