- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups mango, (peeled, pitted and finely chopped)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, (peeled, cored and finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375̊ F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the mango, the pineapple, the granulated sugar, the juice, the vanilla, the rum and the salt. Cook over a medium heat until the mixture bubbles and the fruit is soft, about 10 - 13 minutes. Meanwhile combine the water and the cornstarch in a small cup, stir to blend and stir into the fruit mixture. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Roll each puff pastry sheet into a 12-inch square and cut into four (4) 4-inch squares. Leaving a small margin around the edges of each square spoon about 5 teaspoons of filling onto the center of each square. Fold each square, diagonally, to form a triangle. Use the tines of a fork to crimp edges.
- Transfer turnovers to the prepared baking sheet, brush with egg and sprinkle the top of each turnover with organic sugar.
- Bake until the tops of turnovers are a deep golden brown, about 20 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set pan of turnovers on a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 8 turnovers.
- You will be transported to a tropical island if you make these turnovers.
NotesYou will be transported to a tropical island if you make these turnovers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More