- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups mango, (peeled, pitted and finely chopped)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, (peeled, cored and finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cold water
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1/2 cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375̊ F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sauce pan combine the mango, the pineapple, the granulated sugar, the juice, the vanilla, the rum and the salt. Cook over a medium heat until the mixture bubbles and the fruit is soft, about 10 - 13 minutes. Meanwhile combine the water and the cornstarch in a small cup, stir to blend and stir into the fruit mixture. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Roll each puff pastry sheet into a 12-inch square and cut into four (4) 4-inch squares. Leaving a small margin around the edges of each square spoon about 5 teaspoons of filling onto the center of each square. Fold each square, diagonally, to form a triangle. Use the tines of a fork to crimp edges.
- Transfer turnovers to the prepared baking sheet, brush with egg and sprinkle the top of each turnover with organic sugar.
- Bake until the tops of turnovers are a deep golden brown, about 20 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set pan of turnovers on a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Makes 8 turnovers.
- You will be transported to a tropical island if you make these turnovers.
NotesYou will be transported to a tropical island if you make these turnovers.
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More