- Servings: 1
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) canned, tropical fruit salad in natural juices, puréed (from 15-ounce can)*
- 1 fresh lime
- 1/2 ounce (1 tablespoon) simple syrup or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/4 ounces (2 tablespoons, plus 1 teaspoon) premium tequila
- 3/4 ounce (1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon) premium Triple Sec
- Orange and lime wedges, for garnish
Martini shaker or pint glass
Do ahead: Empty canned, tropical fruit salad into blender and purée the contents well.
For one cocktail drink: Juice the lime and pour into martini shaker. Add simple syrup, tequila, Triple Sec and 1 ounce tropical fruit salad purée. Fill martini shaker with ice and shake vigorously 10 times. Strain into chilled martini glass and garnish with an orange and a lime wedge.
Serving glass: 10-ounce martini glass (chilled)
Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 240 (based on 80-proof tequila and using 1 tablespoon sugar)**
*Note: One, 15-ounce can of tropical fruit salad in natural juices makes 15 drinks.
**Note: Higher-proof tequila contributes more calories; Triple Sec is commonly 48 proof.
***Note: Want a non-alcoholic margarita punch instead? Combine the puréed fruit with a carbonated lemon-lime drink in a tall glass with ice – the amount to match your taste, and garnish with orange and lime slices.