- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 30 small (#40 scoop)
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 tsp rum
- 2 Tbs fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tbs of butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg (large; NOT extra large egg)
- 1/2 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 cups of oats
- 1. Soak raisins in rum and orange juice for at least 10 minutes
- 2. Cream together: butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffly.
- 3. Add egg and orange juice concentrate. Mix well.
- 4. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, teaspoon salt and mix well.
- 5. Add cups of oats and raisins (including rum/oj mixture) until just mixed.
- 6. Drop small balls, 1/2" apart, onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 7. Bake @ 350 for 14 minutes.
NotesI made up this recipe a few years ago as I was trying to replicate the orange oat cookies I grew up with in Central America. I took the "Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies" recipe from the Quaker Oats package as a start and played with the proportions of butter, sugar and flavorings until I got the flavor and texture that I wanted. These are pretty close to the original!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More