- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 30 small (#40 scoop)
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 tsp rum
- 2 Tbs fresh orange juice
- 3/4 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tbs of butter
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg (large; NOT extra large egg)
- 1/2 tsp. frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1-1/2 cups of oats
- 1. Soak raisins in rum and orange juice for at least 10 minutes
- 2. Cream together: butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffly.
- 3. Add egg and orange juice concentrate. Mix well.
- 4. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, teaspoon salt and mix well.
- 5. Add cups of oats and raisins (including rum/oj mixture) until just mixed.
- 6. Drop small balls, 1/2" apart, onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- 7. Bake @ 350 for 14 minutes.
NotesI made up this recipe a few years ago as I was trying to replicate the orange oat cookies I grew up with in Central America. I took the "Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies" recipe from the Quaker Oats package as a start and played with the proportions of butter, sugar and flavorings until I got the flavor and texture that I wanted. These are pretty close to the original!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More