- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 fresh pineapples - quartered lengthwise from crown to base
- 1 ripe papaya
- 3 bananas
- 1 1 pound 4 ounce can lichee nuts*
- 1 large can star fruit**
- 1 cup preserved kumquats**
- 3 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- **These canned fruits can be purchased at your local Asian food market.
- Place large glass bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until cold.
- Remove fruit from quartered pineapples.
- Cut pineapple into bite size chunks.
- Peel and cut papaya in half inch cubes.
- Combine papaya and pineapple with lichee nuts, star fruit, preserved kumquat and orange sections.
- Use liquid from kumquats.
- Place fruit in chilled bowl.
- Stir in rum one hour before serving.
NotesThis tropical fruit salad can be either incorporated in a luncheon or dinner menu.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More