- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 boneless loin chops (3/4 inches thick and 4 ounces each), all fat removed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 heaping tablespoons corn starch
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper.
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet; sauté the pork chops for 4 - 5 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet sauté green peppers, onion and celery for 2 minutes or until crisp tender. Stir in the broth, pineapple, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Return pork chops to the pan. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 6 - 10 minutes.
- Combine the cornstarch and water until smooth, stir into the skillet.
- Bring to a boil; cook for 1 - 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over basmati rice and steamed vegetqables.
- Nutritional Analysis: 1 pork chop with 3/4 cup sauce:
- 250 calories; 7 grams fat (2 grams saturated fat); 554 mg sodium; 23 grams protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
The Italian Exchange
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More