TROUT WITH ROMAINE
- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 1-2
- 1/2 pound trout fillet
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ounces goat cheese with garlic and herbs, sliced
- 1 head romaine lettuce, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- pinch salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons toasted pecans
- 4 tablespoons dried cherries
Season the trout with salt and pepper, dust lightly with flour.
Cook over high heat in a nonstick pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil, about 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
Remove from heat and set aside.
Divide romaine between two plates.
Whisk together garlic, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, and salt and pepper then drizzle over lettuce.
Sprinkle with pecans and cherries, top with fish.