- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-2 1/4 lbs small red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- chopped fresh tomatoes (optional)
- avocados (optional)
- sliced green onions (optional)
- In a large covered saucepan, cook potatoes and chopped onion in a small amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Stir in 8 ounces sour cream, cheeses, melted butter, salt and red pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes.
- Spoon into a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake in a 350º oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with the 1/2 cup sour cream, fresh tomato, avocado and green onion, if desired.
- Can be assembled earlier in the day and refrigerated until time to cook.
- Source: Tessa/CK
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Breads and Pastry 101
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More