- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-2 1/4 lbs small red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- chopped fresh tomatoes (optional)
- avocados (optional)
- sliced green onions (optional)
- In a large covered saucepan, cook potatoes and chopped onion in a small amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Stir in 8 ounces sour cream, cheeses, melted butter, salt and red pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes.
- Spoon into a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake in a 350º oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with the 1/2 cup sour cream, fresh tomato, avocado and green onion, if desired.
- Can be assembled earlier in the day and refrigerated until time to cook.
- Source: Tessa/CK
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More