- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups sliced fresh peaches (or berries)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup fruit juice (orange works well)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- FRUIT: Heat the ingredients until warm and sugar is dissolved. You will pour the peach mixture on top of the batter.
- BATTER: Beat together until smooth
- Spoon batter into a greased, deep baking dish. Top with fruit mixture. Batter will rise up through the fruit giving all a delicious flavor. Bake 45-55 minutes at 400 degrees until golden and bubbly. Serve each servingn warm with a little mik or cream or ice cream or whipped cream.