- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended.
- Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll truffles in ground walnuts (or any ground nuts), cocoa, coconut, confectioners' sugar, candy sprinkles, etc.
- To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla.
- Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange) to each mixture; mix well.
NotesRecipe makes a large amount but you can vary flavorings and coatings to make several different varieties."
Original recipe yield: 5 dozen. From "Sweet Enjoyments"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Jean’s Recipe File
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More