- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended.
- Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll truffles in ground walnuts (or any ground nuts), cocoa, coconut, confectioners' sugar, candy sprinkles, etc.
- To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla.
- Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, coffee, orange) to each mixture; mix well.
NotesRecipe makes a large amount but you can vary flavorings and coatings to make several different varieties."
Original recipe yield: 5 dozen. From "Sweet Enjoyments"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More