TRULY SPICY ARRABIATA SAUCE
Truly spicy Arrabiata Sauce
- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 small onion (about one cup finely diced)
- 3 T crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley ( or 1 T dried)
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomato
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 1 chicken boullion cube and 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 habenero peppers finely diced
Cook onions in olive oil till translucent then add red pepper and parsley. Lower heat and let mix for 2-3 minutes.
Add tomato, boullion, water and bring to boil.
Reduce heat and let simmer.
Add wine and habeneros and let reduce to preferred consistency.
My husband likes his one the dry side so I let it simmer for 30 minutes or so. Serve with whole wheat pasta and a salad.
Well after many tweaks I have finally created an Arrabiata sauce that he doesn't add extra seasoning to! And we can still eat it after joining Weight Watchers. :)