- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 small onion (about one cup finely diced)
- 3 T crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley ( or 1 T dried)
- 1 14.5 oz can petite diced tomato
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomato
- 1 chicken boullion cube and 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 habenero peppers finely diced
- Cook onions in olive oil till translucent then add red pepper and parsley. Lower heat and let mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato, boullion, water and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer.
- Add wine and habeneros and let reduce to preferred consistency.
- My husband likes his one the dry side so I let it simmer for 30 minutes or so. Serve with whole wheat pasta and a salad.
NotesMy husband likes things SPICY! Whenever I tell him I have a new spicy recipe he gets soo excited and when it is time to eat, I'm crying it is so spicy and he is asking if I forgot to add the pepper.
Well after many tweaks I have finally created an Arrabiata sauce that he doesn't add extra seasoning to! And we can still eat it after joining Weight Watchers. :)