- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 lbs plain, full fat yogurt (about 2 cups)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, use a garlic press
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a coffee filter or cheese cloth, drain the yogurt at least 2 hours, over night is best, saving the whey that drips off.
- Mix all the other ingredients together in a medium sized bowl, then add the drained yogurt and mix together thoroughly. If you like it thinner, add the whey by tablespoons until you get the consistency that you like. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour to blend the flavors.
NotesThis is a Greek dish that is great with grilled meat (especially lamb) and suprizingly good with fish. I sometimes just put it on bread. Draining the whey from the yogurt is not necessary, but makes for a really rich, creamy dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More