- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- List one
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large tart apple, sliced
- 1 heaping cup chopped onion
- 20 large pitted prunes
- juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- List 2
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup matzo meal (in specialty sections of grocery store)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, cut in thin slices
- Take half the sweet potatoes and grate them coarsely.
- Set aside
- With the other half, cut into bite size pieces
- In deep dish casserole, combine the bite sizwe sweet potatoes with all ingredients in list 1
- Toss until mixed.
- In bowl, mix together the grated sweet potatoes with all the ingredients in list 2.
- With hands, pat into place on top of the first mixture in the casserole dish.
- Dot the top with butter slices
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour
- Remove cover and bake another hour or until the top is brown and crisp.
NotesThis is from the Jewish Community. Used as a side-dished to go along with chicken or brisket. Taken from a recipe book "Cooking with "Chutzpah".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More