- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- List one
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 large tart apple, sliced
- 1 heaping cup chopped onion
- 20 large pitted prunes
- juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- List 2
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup matzo meal (in specialty sections of grocery store)
- 3 Tbsp. butter, cut in thin slices
- Take half the sweet potatoes and grate them coarsely.
- Set aside
- With the other half, cut into bite size pieces
- In deep dish casserole, combine the bite sizwe sweet potatoes with all ingredients in list 1
- Toss until mixed.
- In bowl, mix together the grated sweet potatoes with all the ingredients in list 2.
- With hands, pat into place on top of the first mixture in the casserole dish.
- Dot the top with butter slices
- Cover tightly and bake for 1 hour
- Remove cover and bake another hour or until the top is brown and crisp.
NotesThis is from the Jewish Community. Used as a side-dished to go along with chicken or brisket. Taken from a recipe book "Cooking with "Chutzpah".
Jean’s Recipe File
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More