- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen I was growing up, my mom made this every time my dad was out of town because he didn't like it. I make it a little differently now than my mom did but it always brings back happy memories.
I now use chicken instead of tuna. I prefer to use fresh grated chicken breasts instead of the canned kind.
You can use egg noodles instead of elbow, but I prefer the taste elbows give the casserole.
I always omit the peas and mushrooms. I liked them as a kid but I can't eat them as an adult.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni (or about one regular sized box)
- 1 can albacore tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- few dashesgrated parmesan cheese
- frozen or fresh peas
- mushrooms, drained
- Prepare pasta according to package, drain.
- Mix the pasta with the remaining ingredients.
- If dry, add more milk and/or mayonaise to your liking.
- Bake for about 30 min at 350.