- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 3
- 1 tin of baked beans (if an individual tin costs more than 10p, you're doing it wrong).
- 2 tins of tuna (dolphin is also acceptable but somewhat frowned upon by hipsters).
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (mine was severely out of date, if yours isn't then don't worry. It'll do).
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp ground cumin (no giggling at the back!)
- 1tbsp ground garlic
- 1tbsp turmeric
- 1tbsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp mixed hot spices
- ...And whatever other spices you have in the cupboard which sound interesting and spicy.
- Throw the tuna, beans and tomatoes into a pan.
- Throw the spices into the pan.
- Heat the whole thing up, stirring it all the while. If it's bubbling then turn the heat down or something. I dunno, just make sure it's hot because a cold dinner is a bit pants.
- Serve with rice, pasta or bread if you're all swanky and can afford bread.
NotesSo this one time I was hungry. Like, I mean HUNGRY. But money was a thing that happened to other people. Not unlike Old Mother Hubbard of legend and myth, I went to the cupboard to see what I bought ages ago which was contained in tins and could be easily fashioned into something edible.
The rest, as they say, is misery.