- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 3
- 1 tin of baked beans (if an individual tin costs more than 10p, you're doing it wrong).
- 2 tins of tuna (dolphin is also acceptable but somewhat frowned upon by hipsters).
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes (mine was severely out of date, if yours isn't then don't worry. It'll do).
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp ground cumin (no giggling at the back!)
- 1tbsp ground garlic
- 1tbsp turmeric
- 1tbsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp mixed hot spices
- ...And whatever other spices you have in the cupboard which sound interesting and spicy.
- Throw the tuna, beans and tomatoes into a pan.
- Throw the spices into the pan.
- Heat the whole thing up, stirring it all the while. If it's bubbling then turn the heat down or something. I dunno, just make sure it's hot because a cold dinner is a bit pants.
- Serve with rice, pasta or bread if you're all swanky and can afford bread.
NotesSo this one time I was hungry. Like, I mean HUNGRY. But money was a thing that happened to other people. Not unlike Old Mother Hubbard of legend and myth, I went to the cupboard to see what I bought ages ago which was contained in tins and could be easily fashioned into something edible.
The rest, as they say, is misery.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Salade asiatique aux rabioles à la sauce thaïe
Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes
Breakfast CalzonesSee More