- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThe original recipe called for canned tuna. I am totally repulsed by tuna, think it smells like cat food. So I revised the recipe to use ham lunch meat. You could also change the cheese and the herbs out to your taste. Makes a good quick lunch or simple dinner.
- 1 can (6 oz) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked OR 6 oz ham, chopped
- 1/3 c coarsely chopped water packed artichoke hearts
- 2 T fat-free or reduced calorie mayo
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 t salt free lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/8 t dried oregano
- 2 English muffins, slit and toasted
- Combine meat, artichokes, mayo, half of the cheese, lemon pepper and oregano.
- Spread over English muffin halves.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the heat 3-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese, broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese melts.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Food Travels Through Italy
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Chips Galore Cookies
Betty Crocker Spinach-Cheese BallsSee More