- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 green bell pepper (or red, or yellow)
- 1 3 oz pkg chunk light tuna*
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small jar capers & liquid
- walnut oil
- balsamic vinegar
- chopped or halved walnuts (2-4 small handfuls)
- bunch spinach (for 2 to 4 servings)
- salt & pepper
- slice peppers into quarters making 4 "boat" shapes (remove veins, seeds, stems, etc.) set aside.
- cube avocado. fold cubes into bowl with the drained tuna, 2-4 tbs of the capers (plus a little caper liquid), and salt and pepper . don't mash.
- scoop 1/4 of the avocado/tuna mixture into green pepper boat. repeat for all boats.
- pour about 2 tbs of the balsamic vinegar into small bowl, whisk in stream of walnut oil (about 2 parts vinegar to 1 part oil works well--just test it as you go.)
- toss dressing with the spinach, place dressed bunches of spinach leaves in bowls, sprinkle with ground pepper and with walnuts. top each bowl with 1 or 2 tuna boats.
- Adjust quantities to taste (double the tuna if you want more protein.)
Notesnote: updated to gluten-free November 16, 2010 (no modifications required)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More