- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 green bell pepper (or red, or yellow)
- 1 3 oz pkg chunk light tuna*
- 1 small avocado
- 1 small jar capers & liquid
- walnut oil
- balsamic vinegar
- chopped or halved walnuts (2-4 small handfuls)
- bunch spinach (for 2 to 4 servings)
- salt & pepper
- slice peppers into quarters making 4 "boat" shapes (remove veins, seeds, stems, etc.) set aside.
- cube avocado. fold cubes into bowl with the drained tuna, 2-4 tbs of the capers (plus a little caper liquid), and salt and pepper . don't mash.
- scoop 1/4 of the avocado/tuna mixture into green pepper boat. repeat for all boats.
- pour about 2 tbs of the balsamic vinegar into small bowl, whisk in stream of walnut oil (about 2 parts vinegar to 1 part oil works well--just test it as you go.)
- toss dressing with the spinach, place dressed bunches of spinach leaves in bowls, sprinkle with ground pepper and with walnuts. top each bowl with 1 or 2 tuna boats.
- Adjust quantities to taste (double the tuna if you want more protein.)
Notesnote: updated to gluten-free November 16, 2010 (no modifications required)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More