- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWe started making these when we were hungry for crabcakes and didn't have any crab meat. They are really good.
- 2 eggs
- 3 cans tuna, drained
- 4 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- pinch minced garlic
- 2 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- few drops red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1/4 cup oil for frying (we prefer butter)
- canned bread crumbs, for breading
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs, add onion, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, garlic, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, red pepper sauce and dry sherry.
- Mix it up good, then stir in fresh bread crumbs and tuna.
- Form into 6 patties.
- Bread with canned bread crumbs.
- Heat oil or butter in skillet and fry patties on each side until golden brown.