1 tablespoon butter
1/2 onion, chopped
1 (225 g) package macaroni and cheese mix, like Kraft, prepared according to box directions
butter (for mac and cheese)
milk (for mac and cheese)
1 (170 g) can tuna in water, drained
1 (400 g) can chopped tomato, drained
salt and pepper
1. Begin by boiling water for mac and cheese.
2. While that boils, sauté onions in butter.
3. Once onions are cooked to medium/well, add can of tuna (which has been drained).
4. Cook for a minute or two, stirring.
5. Add canned chopped tomatoes, stir and let simmer on a very low setting for about 5 minutes while you finish mac and cheese. Do not overcook as you'll lose the moisture and you don't want that to happen. Cover pan if you like.
6. Prepare mac and cheese according to box directions.
7. Place completed macaroni & cheese along with tuna mixture into a bowl, add salt and pepper (if desired) and combine.
8. Serve with veggies and sliced bread and butter.
9. YUM! Makes a great lunch.
** photo by boomette1 @ flickr.
Pairs Well With
RECIPE BY: A Good Thing, recipezaar.com
"This is SO quick and so easy! Macaroni and cheese meets tuna fish, sautéed onions, chopped canned tomatoes...and PRESTO...you have a kid-friendly and mom-friendly dish! (: "