- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped red, orange, and or yellow bell peppers, seeded and de-stemmed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, packed
- 2 cans of tuna, packed in olive oil (do not drain), or if you get tuna packed in water, drain the water out and add 2-3 Tbsp olive oil.
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1/4-1/3 a head of lettuce (preferably iceberg lettuce), sliced first and roughly chopped into 2 inch long strips
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (we use sweet Hungarian)
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a saucepan, add 1 cup of elbow macaroni to 1 quart of boiling water with an added teaspoon of salt. Simmer either covered or uncovered for about 10 minutes until the macaroni is just a little more cooked than al dente. When ready, remove from heat, drain and rinse with cold water.
- While the macaroni is cooking, assemble the other ingredients. In a large bowl mix the green onion, bell peppers, parsley, tuna, celery and lemon. Fold in the iceberg lettuce and mayonnaise until well mixed. Add the paprika. Add fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Eat up. This salad does not make good leftovers as the lettuce will eventually get soggy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More