- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 9x13 Glass Baking Dish
- Large Dutch oven pan
- 12 oz. bag Wide Egg Noodles
- 1 1/2- 2 cups milk
- 2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 2-3 oz. cans tuna (well drained)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Crumb Topping:
- 1 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Fill dutch oven with water up to about 1 in from the top for your noodles. Bring water to boil. While waiting for water to boil begin working on your sauce and topping.
- In a medium bowl, combine all Sauce ingredients. Consistency of soup should be creamy, but not extremely thick. Set aside. Add your noodles to the boiling water and boil at a rolling boil for about 6 minutes.
- In another medium bowl, add plain bread crumbs and cheese. Melt butter in microwave until it is completely liquified. Using a fork, mix melted butter into crumb/cheese mixture. Mix until the mixture becomes slightly moist. Ditch the fork and go hands in! Make sure the butter is distributed evenly through the crumb mix. Remember..it should still appear somewhat dry. You should still be able to sprinkle it on with your fingers.
- Drain noodles..and return back to dutch oven. Pour Sauce mixture over noodles and mix together. If it appears too thick, you can add a tbsp of milk at a time to give it a little bit more moisture. Add noodles/sauce to 9x13 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese crumb on until noodles are completely covered with a thin layer. Put in oven for about 10 minutes until cheese crumb is golden brown. Don't cook for more than 15 minutes..you don't want your casserole to become dry!
- This dish can be modified with Reduced fat Soup, Reduced fat cheese and Light Tuna. Other variations I've used for toppings include Panko/Cheese Crumb, and the old fashioned Crumbled potato chips on top. This is my favorite though!
NotesThis is a childhood favorite of mine..I make it just like my Gram and Mom, but with a little bit of a twist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Broiled Salmon with Olive-Tomato Vinaigrette
Peanut and pretzel truffles
Veggie KebabsSee More