- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. sushi-grade tuna, cubed/diced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp shallots
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 lemons
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup onions/shallots, diced
- Your favorite tortilla chips (or you can substitue with fried wontons, if you have the time and the inclination)
- Season diced tuna with salt/pepper to taste and set aside.
- Whisk olive oil, shallots, parsley, dijon mustard, lemon juice together. Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Add vinagrette to tuna and toss.
- The guacamole is your standard guac: mash up the avocados, add tomato and onion, and a little splash of lemon juice, and of course, salt/pepper to taste.
- Plating: Bottom layer is the guacamole with the tuna poke layered on top. Surround the entire mess with tortilla chips/fried wontons.
NotesThis is an easy, fast, great recipe that works for cocktail parties. I am not very good with actual measurements so here is a rough estimate. I mix and match to my individual taste. Serves 3-4 people as an appetizer. However, this is plenty as one small dish of many hors d'oeuvres at a cocktail party.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More