- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Copyright 2005, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved
- 2 pounds very fresh tuna steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 limes, zest grated
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 10 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 to 2 ripe Hass avocados, medium diced
- 1/4 cup minced scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup red onion, small diced
- Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the tuna steaks in a very hot saute pan and cook for only 1 minute on each side.
- Set aside on a platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, lime zest, wasabi, lime juice, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Add the avocados to the vinaigrette.
- Cut the tuna in chunks and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the scallions and red onion and mix well.
- Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the tuna and carefully mix.