- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds very fresh tuna steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 limes, zest grated
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 10 dashes hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 to 2 ripe Hass avocados, medium diced
- 1/4 cup minced scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1/4 cup red onion, small diced
- Brush the tuna steaks with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the tuna steaks in a very hot saute pan and cook for only 1 minute on each side.
- Set aside on a platter.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, lime zest, wasabi, lime juice, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- Add the avocados to the vinaigrette.
- Cut the tuna in chunks and place it in a large bowl.
- Add the scallions and red onion and mix well.
- Pour the vinaigrette mixture over the tuna and carefully mix.
Copyright 2005, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More