- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat, dry, powdered milk
- 1/2 can tuna, in oil OR 1/2 cup cooked chicken, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil OR cod liver oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup water
- Catnip (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets with cooking spray. In large bowl, mash the tuna (or chicken) into smaller pieces. Then add flour and milk. Mix well. After all is mixed, pour in water and oil. Mix well again.
- Next beat egg in separate dish until egg gets a foamy texture. Add to mix. Mix well. The dough mix will be sticky, so don't worry. Using your fingers, shape dough into small bite size balls - about the size of a marble. Put balls on greased cookie sheets. Flatten balls with hand. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove treats from oven wait five minutes and turn treats over so other side will cook. Bake 10 more minutes or until golden brown in color. Place treats on cookie rack to cool. Cool for 15 minutes.
- NEVER give treats to your pet right after cooking. You can add the catnip in the recipe or sprinkle on top of treats. They like it either way. Store in air tight container and store in refrigerator or cool dry place. Makes approximately 60 treats
NotesBakeSpace Note: Please keep in mind that some experts express concern that homemade pet food may not contain the optimal combination of nutrients (amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals) that pets require for long-term health. Your pet’s species, breed, age and any existing medical problems should be considered before preparing a homemade meal. Please consult your veterinarian for more information.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Coca-Cola Biscuits from Southern Biscuits Cookbook
Summer Stone Sangria
Beef & Broccoli over Hong Kong Pan Fried NoodlesSee More