- Cooking Time: About 20
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: About 10
- 1 16 oz. box of penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsps tomato paste
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 7 tablespoons Alessi White Balsamic Pear-Infused Vinegar
- 2 tins of tuna in water, drained and flaked
- Extra virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Put a large pot of water to boil and add 2 teaspoons of kosher salt. When water is boiling, add the penne, stir, and cook for 10 minutes or until almost al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet with high sides on medium. When heated, add the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Add the tomato paste and saute for 1 minute before adding the grape tomatoes, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, and crushed red pepper; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth to tomato mixture and let simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until reduced and thickened slightly. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, then taste for seasonings. Add the pasta, 1/4 cup of pasta water, and the tuna; cook for another 1-3 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat. Dish the pasta into bowls, then drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on top and a light sprinkle of parmesan cheese and parsley.
NotesTrying to come up with a unique way of using tuna for lunch instead of the traditional tuna sandwich.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Short & SweetSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More