- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis looks like a lot of ingredients and a lot of directions, but it's actually really really easy to make!
- 3 tins flaked or chunk light tuna
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup zucchini
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can diced tomatos
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- crushed chilli flakes (add as much as you want depending on your spice tolerance!)
- 2 cups whole-wheat pasta, such as spirals or shells
- 1.5 cups shredded skim mozzarella
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Boil pasta in a small/medium pot.
- 2.) In a large frying pan coated in spray oil, fry crushed garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and zucchini until onions are softened.
- 3.) Empty tomatos into a large saucepan. Transfer vegetable mixture into saucepan and mix.
- 4.) Add in soy sauce and chilli flakes, oregano and basil. Mix and cover, cooking on medium heat for appx. 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- 5.) Drain tuna. Spray a large casserole dish with spray oil. Empty tuna into the bottom, forming a layer.
- 6.) Remove vegetable mixture from heat and pour over tuna, forming 2nd layer.
- 7.) Drain pasta and pour over tomato layer. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over pasta, and bake in oven (180C) for 15 mins or until cheese is melted and slightly browned