- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 tins flaked or chunk light tuna
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup zucchini
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 can diced tomatos
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- crushed chilli flakes (add as much as you want depending on your spice tolerance!)
- 2 cups whole-wheat pasta, such as spirals or shells
- 1.5 cups shredded skim mozzarella
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Boil pasta in a small/medium pot.
- 2.) In a large frying pan coated in spray oil, fry crushed garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and zucchini until onions are softened.
- 3.) Empty tomatos into a large saucepan. Transfer vegetable mixture into saucepan and mix.
- 4.) Add in soy sauce and chilli flakes, oregano and basil. Mix and cover, cooking on medium heat for appx. 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- 5.) Drain tuna. Spray a large casserole dish with spray oil. Empty tuna into the bottom, forming a layer.
- 6.) Remove vegetable mixture from heat and pour over tuna, forming 2nd layer.
- 7.) Drain pasta and pour over tomato layer. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over pasta, and bake in oven (180C) for 15 mins or until cheese is melted and slightly browned
NotesThis looks like a lot of ingredients and a lot of directions, but it's actually really really easy to make!
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More