- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryWe grew up on this on Fridays because we had to fast from meat. One of our families favorites. We also make this as one of our 7 fishes dinner for Christmas Eve.
- 2 cans of your favorite tuna
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- fresh or dried parsley
- 1 T. dried onion flakes
- clove of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 eggs
- Pasta, spaghetti or angle hair work great.
- Drain the canned tuna
- Add to a 3 qt or larger pot
- Add tomato sauce plus one can of water
- Add remaining ingredients, except eggs
- Cook for about 1 hour.
- Once the sauce is bubbling drop the eggs in one at a time.
- Cook another hour, keeping an eye that it does not get too dry. Add a little water if needed.
- Cook pasta to taste and cover with the sauce.