- Cooking Time: 2 hours
- Servings: 4 to 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 cans of your favorite tuna
- 1 large can of tomato sauce
- fresh or dried parsley
- 1 T. dried onion flakes
- clove of garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 eggs
- Pasta, spaghetti or angle hair work great.
- Drain the canned tuna
- Add to a 3 qt or larger pot
- Add tomato sauce plus one can of water
- Add remaining ingredients, except eggs
- Cook for about 1 hour.
- Once the sauce is bubbling drop the eggs in one at a time.
- Cook another hour, keeping an eye that it does not get too dry. Add a little water if needed.
- Cook pasta to taste and cover with the sauce.
NotesWe grew up on this on Fridays because we had to fast from meat. One of our families favorites. We also make this as one of our 7 fishes dinner for Christmas Eve.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More