- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1x 425g tuna in springwater, drained and moisture squeezed out
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Serve with: a spicy, fruity salsa or sweet chilli sauce
- 1. Break up the tuna into small flakes with your fingers, then stir through the chopped onion, corn kernels and spring onion till thoroughly mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Stir the egg into the mixture till it is wet, then slowly add the breadcrumbs till the mixture holds together (but is not doughy).
- 3. Heat some oil in a frying pan then shape 2 tbsp of the mixture into a small patty with wet hands, then place in the pan to fry. Flip over once golden, and drain on a paper towel. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- 4. Serve with fresh veggies and with a spicy, fruity salsa or chutney, or sweet chilli sauce in a pinch.
NotesThis recipe came about during my early college years when I was dying for something that was quick and tasty and CHEAP to make! Many years on and it's still on regular rotation, winning fans with every bite!
Serve with: a spicy, fruity salsa or sweet chilli sauce
Read more about it on my food blog - Kitchen Wench
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More