- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryUse the good tuna, not the "light" catfood tuna in water that's like $.60/can....
FYI- if you like, you can substitute good canned Salmon...
(Even though you've used the good tuna, the cats will still try to kill you for it- I just let mine lick the can and hope they don't cut their little cat lips on it.)
- 2 cans Premium Albacore tuna in olive oil
- 3-4 tblsp mayo
- 1-2 tblsp buttermilk
- 1 tblsp parsley, minced
- 1 tblsp onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1-2 tblsps roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1 sm salad cucumber, peeled & thinly sliced
- to taste: salt, black pepper, Cayenne pepper, dried dill
- Whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- Drain the tuna but NOT completely- leave it with a bit of the olive oil and add less mayo/buttermilk when blending with the remaining ingredients.
- Then stuff into the pita pockets and devour!