- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 4 tuna steaks 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp orange peel
- 4 med oranges peeled and chopped
- 1 lg tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbs sliced green onion
- 2 Tbs toasted chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Combine cumin, salt and pepper.
- Toss together orange peel, oranges, tomato, cilantro, green onion, walnuts and lime juice in a bowl.
- Wash and pat dry the fish. Brush with oil, adn then sprinkle with cumin mixture.
- Broil or grill fish to desired doneness. Spoon salsa over fish. Enjoy!
- Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 1/2 lean meat. 262 cal per serving 2 gm sat fat, 343 mg sodium, 11 g carbo
NotesEvery person can enjoy this tasty dish, whether they're watching calories, or just tempted to have a flavorful summery meal.
Jean’s Recipe File
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Skinny Mojito for Cinco de Mayo
Spicy New England Style Lobster Roll
Avocado & Swiss Sprouted Wheat PizzaSee More