- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups margarine or butter, softened
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 cups All Purpose or Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 cups chopped walnuts*
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 to 6 teaspoons milk
- For cake:
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch tube pan. In large bowl, combine sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar; blend well. By hand, stir in flour and remaining cake ingredients until well blended. Spoon batter into greased and floured pan; spread evenly.
- Bake at 350°F. for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is set and edges are beginning to pull away from sides of pan.** Cool upright in pan on wire rack 1 1/2 hours. Invert onto serving plate; cool at least 2 hours.
- For glaze:
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides. Store tightly covered.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Cooking for a Cure
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More