- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp boiling or very hot tap water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- 6 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6 wells of a muffin pan with baking spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave, stirring between 30 second cooking intervals. Stir until completely smooth.
- Add sugars, eggs, and vanilla and stir until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- In a small bowl, combine the espresso powder and the boiling water; stir into the brownie mixture.
- Stir in the flour and salt until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it evenly.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan and then turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of caramel sauce, garnished with chopped walnuts.
NotesEspresso-spiked brownies topped with salted caramel and walnuts.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Classic Chocolate Recipes Elevated
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More