- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp boiling or very hot tap water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- 6 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6 wells of a muffin pan with baking spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave, stirring between 30 second cooking intervals. Stir until completely smooth.
- Add sugars, eggs, and vanilla and stir until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- In a small bowl, combine the espresso powder and the boiling water; stir into the brownie mixture.
- Stir in the flour and salt until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it evenly.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan and then turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of caramel sauce, garnished with chopped walnuts.
NotesEspresso-spiked brownies topped with salted caramel and walnuts.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More