- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 tsp boiling or very hot tap water
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce
- 6 Tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6 wells of a muffin pan with baking spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave, stirring between 30 second cooking intervals. Stir until completely smooth.
- Add sugars, eggs, and vanilla and stir until the batter is smooth and shiny.
- In a small bowl, combine the espresso powder and the boiling water; stir into the brownie mixture.
- Stir in the flour and salt until just combined; do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing it evenly.
- Bake 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan and then turn out onto a rack to cool.
- Serve topped with a spoonful of caramel sauce, garnished with chopped walnuts.
NotesEspresso-spiked brownies topped with salted caramel and walnuts.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More