- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 turkey
- 1 paper bag
- Thaw per instructions on turkey and clean well, removing giblets and neck.
- Butter the inside of a brown paper bag using a whole stick of butter or margerine.
- Stuff bird if desired.
- Place bird, breast side up on bag and close (roll or staple).
- Make small slit where timer is located and allow time to pop up outside of bag.
- Place in large roasting pan and cook as directed for roasting turkey.
- When timer pops up remove from oven and open carefully, releasing steam from inside of bag.
- The best way to slice is to remove the entire side of the breast and cut in half inch slices.
- For more fun try Mosaic turkey:
- Before baking, loosen the breast skin on the top of the turkey and carefully put fresh spice leaves between flesh and skin.
NotesI have always made my turkey in a paper bag, following in my mother's footsteps
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More