- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 turkey
- 1 paper bag
- Thaw per instructions on turkey and clean well, removing giblets and neck.
- Butter the inside of a brown paper bag using a whole stick of butter or margerine.
- Stuff bird if desired.
- Place bird, breast side up on bag and close (roll or staple).
- Make small slit where timer is located and allow time to pop up outside of bag.
- Place in large roasting pan and cook as directed for roasting turkey.
- When timer pops up remove from oven and open carefully, releasing steam from inside of bag.
- The best way to slice is to remove the entire side of the breast and cut in half inch slices.
- For more fun try Mosaic turkey:
- Before baking, loosen the breast skin on the top of the turkey and carefully put fresh spice leaves between flesh and skin.
NotesI have always made my turkey in a paper bag, following in my mother's footsteps
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Lau Family Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More