- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- 8 ounces thinly sliced reduced-sodium deli turkey
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Have four 15-ounce cans and a medium skillet (not nonstick) ready by the stove.
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, Parmesan, basil, lemon juice and pepper in a small bowl. Spread about 2 teaspoons of the mixture on each slice of bread. Divide turkey and tomato slices among 4 slices of bread; top with the remaining bread.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place 2 panini in the pan. Place the medium skillet on top of the panini, then weigh it down with the cans. Cook the panini until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low, flip the panini, replace the top skillet and cans, and cook until the second side is golden, 1 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with another 1 teaspoon oil and the remaining panini.
NotesThis is a lovely little sandwich option if you like a nice turkey sandwich. Instead of loading it down with swiss cheese you switch that out for a combination of nonfat plain yogurt mixed with some parmesan cheese, basil and lemon juice. It gives it great zip with waaaaaay less fat. At 272 calories per sandwich this is a lunch you won't feel guilty about.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More