- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped, or 1 big T dehydrated
- 1 cup carrots, sliced into ¼” coins
- 4 clove garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup cooked chopped broccoli or celery, diced fine
- 1 t sage
- 1 t thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cup cooked skinless light meat turkey, shredded or 3 big cans of Tyson White Meat Chicken, drained
- 2 cups dry no-yolk egg noodles
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add carrot, onion, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes or until onion is lightly browned. Add celery and or broccoli, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 3 minutes.
- Add broth and next 3 ingredients (through bay leaf); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add shredded turkey/chicken and noodles; cook 10 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
- Sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper, if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 cups)
NotesI found this when I was looking for a way to use up my leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. I now have used canned chicken instead of the turkey and love it!
Healthy Units: 4
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More