- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCajun seasoning and chorizo make this a southern classic without the seafood
- 1/2 pound unsatled butter
- 1 Pound TURKEY SAUSAGE, 1-inch dice
- 2 Pounds cooked TURKEY
- 2 Cups bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 Cups celery, diced
- 2 Cups onions, diced
- 2 Cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb. chorizo, cut into small chunks
- 2 Tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup tomato sauce
- 3 Cups converted rice or wild rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1-1/2 Quarts TURKEY STOCK or chicken stock
- As needed green onions, chopped fine
- Cook and stir celery, green pepper, onion, tomatoes,garlic and chorizo in butter in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until chorizo is cooked through. Add sausage and turkey. Cook until browned. Add tomato sauce, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add rice, Cajun seasoning, salt & pepper. Stir until all the rice is coated.
- Add stock and stir together.
- Place in a crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Garnish each portion with chopped green onions.
- Serves 12
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More