- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4–5 tbsp sesame oil salad dressing
- 2 cups hot cooked pearl barley - cooking directions below
- 11 oz mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1½ cups turkey or chicken, cubed, cooked
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 3½ cups fresh salad greens, torn
- Crunchy oriental noodles, for garnish
- Drizzle salad dressing over hot cooked barley; toss gently to coat.
- Cover barley and refrigerate until cool.
- To assemble salad, drain mandarin oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Combine mandarin oranges, 2 tablespoons reserved orange liquid, cooled barley, turkey, celery and green onions.
- Toss gently.
- Arrange salad greens on 4 dinner plates.
- Mound barley salad over greens.
- Sprinkle each serving with crunchy noodles if desired.
- ---Pearl Barley---
- Place ¾ cup of pearl barley, 2¼ cups water and ½ teaspoon of salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 45 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Makes 2½–3 cups.
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More