- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 4–5 tbsp sesame oil salad dressing
- 2 cups hot cooked pearl barley - cooking directions below
- 11 oz mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1½ cups turkey or chicken, cubed, cooked
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 3½ cups fresh salad greens, torn
- Crunchy oriental noodles, for garnish
- Drizzle salad dressing over hot cooked barley; toss gently to coat.
- Cover barley and refrigerate until cool.
- To assemble salad, drain mandarin oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Combine mandarin oranges, 2 tablespoons reserved orange liquid, cooled barley, turkey, celery and green onions.
- Toss gently.
- Arrange salad greens on 4 dinner plates.
- Mound barley salad over greens.
- Sprinkle each serving with crunchy noodles if desired.
- ---Pearl Barley---
- Place ¾ cup of pearl barley, 2¼ cups water and ½ teaspoon of salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 45 minutes or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Makes 2½–3 cups.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More