- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. turkey breast fillets
- 2 tbl. chives, chopped finely
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbs. breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- 1 sourdough bread loaf
- red leaf lettuce for serving
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Trim turkey of excess fat and sinew; chop coarsely.
- Place in food processor for 20-30 seconds or until finely chopped.
- Combine in large bowl with chives, egg, garlic, salt, pepper and bread crumbs.
- Mix with hands, divide into 4 parts and shape into patties.
- Heat oil in large heavy-based frying pan and cook patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
- Cut bread loaf into 8 slices and lightly toast with butter.
- Build onto the toasted sourdough - lettuce leaves, a turkey patty, cheese, spiced cranberry sauce and top with another piece of toast
NotesIn the ongoing effort to find new and more exciting turkey recipes, my family discovered this one.