- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds freshly ground turkey
- Four 1-inch cubes of Brie cheese, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large granny smith apple, cored and sliced 1/2-inch thick crosswise
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Four rolls
- To prepare the burgers: Shape the meat firmly into 4 round uniform patties about 1 1/2inches thick. Make a small indentation in the center of each patty and place 1 cube of the cheese in each. Knead the meat slightly to cover the hole. Brush both sides of the burgers lightly with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat until just smoking. Cook the burgers to your liking. Brush the apples on both sides with the vegetable oil. Grill (in a grill pan) until golden on both sides. Place a burger on the bottom of each roll, top with 1 or 2 apple slices and a dollop of ketchup
- PERSONAL FLAIR: The recipe above is exactly as it was sent to me. My personal tastes seem to think a few minor changes can be made (as is my way when it comes to ANY recipe). I would substitue crusty rolls in place of just dinner rolls or burger buns and dijonnaise for the ketchup. Plus, I think it would be awesome to add caramelized onions.
NotesMy friend Ilona sent this recipe to me today because it sounded YUMMY! I have to agree...even if I havent tried it yet. Give it a shot and let me know what you think!!
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Bombshell Approved: Fast, Simple, SatisfyingSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More