- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- pound ground turkey breast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide the turkey mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each portion into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Combine the teriyaki sauce and water in a small bowl.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until hot. Add the onion slices; cover and cook 10 minutes or until onion is golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in 1 tablespoon soy mixture. Remove onion from pan, and keep warm. Add olive oil to pan. Add patties, and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons teriyaki mixture to pan. Carefully turn patties over, and cook for 3 minutes or until golden. Assemble burgers.
- These patties can be frozen if needed and it tastes great!
NotesThis is a recipe adapted from Cooking Light. I have changed it according to our tastes. It's a great summer meal!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More