- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large can (1 lb. 12 oz) tomatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato paste
- 1 or 2 cans (15 ½ oz) pinto beans, drained
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoon each Worcestershire and aromatic bitters
- 1 can (12 oz) beer or 1 ½ cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, minces or pressed
- 1 tea spoon crushed red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tea spoon each ground coriander and ground cumin; thyme leaves and oregano leaves; and dry basil
- Crumble beef into a 5-6 quart kettle over medium heat; cook stirring to break up, until browned.
- 2) Add onion and cook until soft.
- 3) Stir in tomatoes (break up with a spoon) and their liquid, tomato puree, beans, serrano pepper, Worcestershire, bitters, beer, garlic, bouillon cube, red pepper, bay, chili powder, coriander, cumin, thyme, oregano, basil.
- 4)Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until chili is thick and flavors are well blended (about 2 hours).
- This is a variation of a recipe from Sunset Magazine in the 80's.
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More