- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large can (1 lb. 12 oz) tomatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato paste
- 1 or 2 cans (15 ½ oz) pinto beans, drained
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoon each Worcestershire and aromatic bitters
- 1 can (12 oz) beer or 1 ½ cups water
- 3 cloves garlic, minces or pressed
- 1 tea spoon crushed red pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tea spoon each ground coriander and ground cumin; thyme leaves and oregano leaves; and dry basil
- Crumble beef into a 5-6 quart kettle over medium heat; cook stirring to break up, until browned.
- 2) Add onion and cook until soft.
- 3) Stir in tomatoes (break up with a spoon) and their liquid, tomato puree, beans, serrano pepper, Worcestershire, bitters, beer, garlic, bouillon cube, red pepper, bay, chili powder, coriander, cumin, thyme, oregano, basil.
- 4)Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until chili is thick and flavors are well blended (about 2 hours).
- This is a variation of a recipe from Sunset Magazine in the 80's.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Babette's Test Kitchen
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More