- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus additional for ramekins
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 cups coarsely chopped onion
- 2-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- 1 box (10 oz.) frozen corn
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped scallion, green part only
- . Preheat oven to 375 degree F and lightly oil 8 ovenproof ramekins (about 2-cup capacity) or glass dishes.
- 2. Heat oil in a 5-quart pot over moderately high heat. Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until no longer pink. Transfer turkey with a slotted spoon to a bowl, leaving fat in pot. Add onion to pot and cook, stirring, until softened, about 2 minutes. Add chili powder and garlic; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add tomatoes with puree, corn, and turkey; simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir in beans; salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Whisk cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, butter, and scallion together in another bowl. Add buttermilk mixture to cornmeal mixture, stirring until just combined.
- 4. Spoon about 1 cup chili into each prepared ramekin and evenly top with a spoonful of corn bread butter. Bake on a sheet pan in middle of oven until corn bread is golden brown and chili is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Makes 8 servings.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More