- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-10
- Preparation Time: 15-20
BackstoryStole it from moms, made it better...as usual.
- 1 package of ground turkey (not that fat-free dry crap)
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Vanilla extract
- Chop onion and green pepper into whatever size chunk you want...I like medium-sized chunks.
- Brown turkey in huge soup pot on stove in a little olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic power, paprika...whatever else you wanna throw in.
- Add in onion and green pepper, and saute until soft.
- Drain and rinse the kidney and black beans. Add beans and crushed tomatoes to the pot.
- Stir, and add in salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, vanilla, and cayenne. I tend to go heavy on the last 4...maybe 1-2 tbsps each? But don't hold me to that, I never measure...just add what tastes good.
- Drop heat down to low and simmer with cover on for at least an hour. Stir occasionally, and add seasonings as necessary.
- Serve. Add whatever you want...cheddar cheese does it for me! To make it like Skyline Chili in the Nati, serve over spaghetti.