- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6-10
- Preparation Time: 15-20
- 1 package of ground turkey (not that fat-free dry crap)
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 28oz cans of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cans of kidney beans
- 1 can of black beans
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Vanilla extract
- Chop onion and green pepper into whatever size chunk you want...I like medium-sized chunks.
- Brown turkey in huge soup pot on stove in a little olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, garlic power, paprika...whatever else you wanna throw in.
- Add in onion and green pepper, and saute until soft.
- Drain and rinse the kidney and black beans. Add beans and crushed tomatoes to the pot.
- Stir, and add in salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, vanilla, and cayenne. I tend to go heavy on the last 4...maybe 1-2 tbsps each? But don't hold me to that, I never measure...just add what tastes good.
- Drop heat down to low and simmer with cover on for at least an hour. Stir occasionally, and add seasonings as necessary.
- Serve. Add whatever you want...cheddar cheese does it for me! To make it like Skyline Chili in the Nati, serve over spaghetti.
NotesStole it from moms, made it better...as usual.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More